Spring 1 Topic Homework
Homework tasks for The Victorians
1. Make a list of 20 objects that we would use now that the Victorians used.
2. Draw or paint a picture of a scene from the Victorian times e.g. Queen Victoria on the throne, a matchbox girl out on the street, a poor family eating dinner.
3. Write a short newspaper article announcing Queen Victoria’s coronation.
4. Draw yourself as a Victorian – you can be any type of Victorian you like (royalty, poorhouse child, rich factory owner, maid).
5. Write an acrostic poem about the Victorians.
6. Create an outdoor game for Victorian children to play.
7. Find out some foods the Victorians liked to eat and use these to design a menu for a Victorian café.
8. Imagine you are living in Victorian times. Write a paragraph describing three things you would like about living in that time and three things you don’t think you would like. Remember to say why.
9. If you were Queen Victoria what new laws would you make and why?
10. Write a diary entry from a child who lives in the poorhouse. Talk about your day, what kind of things you do, and how you feel.
11. Write a timetable of a normal school day for you, then write a timetable of a Victorian schoolchild’s day and find 3 ways they are different.
12. Go for a walk or find out about any Victorian street names or buildings you see in your local area (HINT – there is a statue of Queen Victoria in the city centre).