At St Andrews the intention for music is
- To ensure that all children take part in the various aspects of music, as stated in the National Curriculum.
- To encourage children to develop a lifelong love of music
- To guide all children to discover and appreciate various aspects of music.
- Encourage children to develop their natural abilities and aptitudes through participating in musical activities.
- For children to use music, in particular singing, as a way of worshipping God and exploring their spirituality.
- To offer access to extracurricular music sessions for children to develop a particular specialism in music.