Welcome to the 6R Class Page
It is lovely to see our incredible 'new' Year 6's in school today! It promises to be an outstanding, action-packed and fun-filled year!
Be sure to keep up to date with our Class page - our class Bloggers will be updating it regularly to let you know what we have been doing this week (they may even let Mr Robinson add important information to our page if he is good!)
At the bottom of this page you will find important information and resources to help with SATs and academic objectives for Year 6 - it's never too early (or too late) to start fulfilling your potential!
You will also find the Spellings for this half term, the spelling expectations for Years 3-6 and copies of letters sent out specifically for Year 6 children.
Purple Mash Homework
As a school, we have decided to try to give Homework out, at times, in the format of E-Homework, through Purple Mash. All of the children have been given a user name and password and these were glued into the front of Reading records at the start if the year.
Our first Purple Mash homework was given out yesterday. For 6R children it was a Blitz Poem and for 6BL it was a Blitz newspaper report. the children had a 20 minute demonstration of what they need to do.
1. Sign into Purple Mash using the user name and password
2. Go to 'Alerts' and click on
3. You will see that you have a 2do and this will explain what the homework entails
4. Click on the 2do and this will take you through to your task
5. Complete the task, saving as you go along
6. Once you are completely happy with the homework, click 'save' again
7. Then, click 'share' so that the homework can be marked by the class teacher (once you have done this you can't make any further edits)
If you do not have access to a PC the homework can be done on paper and brought into school instead.
Hope this helps
Year 6 Team