It has been a great start to the new academic year!
6BL have settled in so well and have demonstrated a very mature, keen and responsible attitude. It has been the perfect start to Year 6!
It promises to be a year that is full of learning, laughter and lots of fun!
We are so excited for the academic year ahead.
You will see the statutory spelling lists for the end of Year 6 attached below. It is extremely important that the children learn to spell these words independently and demonstrate this in their independent writing.
Purple Mash Homework
As a school, we have decided to try to give Homework out, at times, in the format of E-Homework, through Purple Mash. All of the children have been given a user name and password and these were glued into the front of Reading records at the start if the year.
Our first Purple Mash homework was given out yesterday. For 6R children it was a Blitz Poem and for 6BL it was a Blitz newspaper report. the children had a 20 minute demonstration of what they need to do.
1. Sign into Purple Mash using the user name and password
2. Go to 'Alerts' and click on
3. You will see that you have a 2do and this will explain what the homework entails
4. Click on the 2do and this will take you through to your task
5. Complete the task, saving as you go along
6. Once you are completely happy with the homework, click 'save' again
7. Then, click 'share' so that the homework can be marked by the class teacher (once you have done this you can't make any further edits)
If you do not have access to a PC the homework can be done on paper and brought into school instead.
Hope this helps
Year 6 Team